How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
i don’t understand how social media and hash tagging and stuff works but you guys might be interested in this !
Avengers in a nutshell
Tom Hiddleston went out with her.
LADIES, THERE IS HOPE.
I can be such a noob sometimes. If I want to pretend the weirdos on the bus don’t exist, I need to put my headphones in before I get in.
Tom Hiddleston seen dressed in costume while filming scenes for the new horror movie ‘Crimson Peak’ in Toronto on April 16, 2014 [HQ]
THIS IS SO TERRIBLE
I don’t think I can handle this…these things will be haunting me until the movie comes out!
Watch the ultimate X-Men ensemble in this explosive final X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer now!
Photo reblogged from with 1,105 notes
If there was any justice in the world, this would be the viral Zac Efron GIF today.
There are two things I can’t seem to forget: that my own daughter threw me into a nursing home and that she ate Minny’s shit.
I am watching a chick flick and eating chocolate. Who have I become…?
Clothing that flatter a fat girl’s body:
1. Anything she freaking wants to wear and feels comfortable wearing.
beauty comes in all shapes and sizes
I’m pretty sure this is like the 5th time I’ve reblogged this because omg
you mean fries
MY FAVOURITE POST ON TUMBLR.
I wish I had my own crazy room to bust shit around in.
Sebastian Stan from ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Ring The NYSE Opening Bell at New York Stock Exchange on April 1, 2014 in New York City.
Page 1 of 59